yesterday’s post we started to take a look at what you can do to live with
purpose without getting overwhelmed by tackling too much at once. Today I
thought I’d share a list of various things you can do to live more purposely
and make a difference. Browse through the list below and use it as inspiration
for things you can do. Try what seems interesting or fun or use it as a
starting point to come up with your own ideas. Most importantly come up with a
couple of small things and commit to doing them this week. It’s time to start
living with purpose now.
At Home and At Work
with a couple of meaningful and purposeful things you can do around your house
· Organize your desk.
· Learn a new language or skill.
· Pick up a new hobby.
· Reconnect with old friends.
· Write Thank You notes.
· Plan a romantic dinner.
· Plant a garden.
· Cook from scratch.
· Create a household budget.
· Take a continued education class.
· Go back to college.
In Your Local Community
great place to look at when it comes to living with purpose is your local
community. What activities can you participate in, and what can you do to help
out. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about this:
· Help out an elderly neighbor.
· Trade babysitting services with a
· Attend and help out at a local
· Support local charities.
· Run a charity race.
· Help out at your child’s school.
· Volunteer at a local animal shelter
or soup kitchen.
· Donate to a local food pantry.
In The World
Last but not
least, there’s a lot you can do to make a difference in the world at large.
Some of it will require travel and thus a bit more planning (not to mention
money), but there’s also quite a bit you can do from home, thanks to the
internet and our global connections. Here are a couple of ideas for you:
· Join and support charitable
· Learn about different cultures and
· Support mission trips from your local
· Go on a mission trip.
· Travel and explore different cultures.
· Provide financial support to your
· Become active on social media to
hope these ideas have inspired you to come up with your very own short list of
simple things you can start doing right now to live with more purpose. Find one
or two of them and start implementing them right away. Then keep coming back to
your list for inspiration and to add to it as we go through the rest of this 30