The one question that everyone has while setting up a blog or a website is “How to earn money from blogging?” and though there are a lot of ways to earn money online, one of the easiest and most popular is through Amazon’s Affiliate Program.
How to Make Money from Amazon?
Amazon Affiliate is an affiliate marketing program that allows bloggers and website owners to send visitors to Amazon site and earn when they buy products from Amazon.
This can be done by either writing your content around a product from Amazon or simply by displaying ads on your site.
How does it work?
There are quite a few ways you can use to display Amazon products on your page depending on how you like it.
Links – You can create a link to any product and embed that into your content to enhance your site. Simply browse and select the type of product you’d like to add, and then follow instructions to get started.
Banners – Amazon has a lot of stylish graphical banners with different size and shapes that you can add to your site displaying some ongoing offers at Amazon. When a visitor clicks and buys the product, you earn a referral bonus.
Widgets – They are a smart way of earning which also makes your site look good. You can add a widget for either their “Hot Picks” or “Best Sellers”, etc. and attract visitors to click through and buy.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Affiliate Program?
You need to have a website/blog to start with. It will work even if the site is brand new with only a few pages and posts. If you don’t own one already, create your own website for free first.
It is easy and absolutely free to join Amazon Affiliate Program and become their associate. Simply go to affiliate.amazon.com or affiliate.amazon.in, depending upon your targeted country and sign up for the program. You can sign up for more than one country too. You will be asked to enter your website/blog information, like what it is about and why do you want to join this program. Answer them and wait for the approval email which normally doesn’t take more than an hour.
Once you get the confirmation email, log into the Associates Central and go through their short tour to know how to use the site.
Track Report & Earn More
Amazon provides easy to read reports that contain extensive data about the activity of your links to empower you to optimize your performance in the program. This information includes details on your traffic, revenue, earnings, conversion rates, and link types. Up to date reports ensure you have the information you need to maximize the earning potential of your site.
You can know better about your customers, identify their preferences, and earn more by using that information.
Things to keep in mind about Amazon Affiliate Program
- Referring fee differs from product to product and country to country. Make sure you read the Advertising Fee Schedule for the country you sign up for.
- You must identify your site in your application.
- You will be solely responsible for your site, including its development, operation, and maintenance and all materials that appear on or within it.
- You earn advertising fees on any qualifying items placed in a customer’s Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at Amazon via your Associate’s link. However, this 24-hour window closes once the customer submits his order or re-enters Amazon through another Associate’s link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases. However, if the customer then returns to Amazon through one of your Associate’s links, this opens a new 24-hour window.
- It is, of course, possible that a customer may arrive at Amazon via your Associate’s link, add an item to his Shopping Cart, and then leave Amazon without placing an order. As long as the item was added to the customer’s Shopping Cart during this 24-hour window, you will still earn a referral fee if the order is placed before the Shopping Cart expires (usually after 90 days). The referral fee will not be credited to your Associate’s account until the customer has purchased the item, accepted delivery, and remitted full payment to Amazon.
- You can withdraw your earnings via a bank transfer, Amazon gift card, or cheque after reaching the threshold value.
Leave below any questions that you may have about the Amazon Affiliate Program and I’ll get back to you ASAP.